I’m using Visual Studio 2012 on my Windows 8.1 laptop.
I was working on a C project.
After updating my computer via windows update I got the following error:
package “visual c++ package” failed to load
After a bit of Googling I came to this lovely simple fix:
- Close Visual Studio
- Open up the “Developer Command Prompt for VS2012” as an Administrator
- You’ll find this program beside your normal VS program in the start menu
- or else here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\Tools\VsDevCmd.ba
- Enter this into the command prompt: “devenv /Setup”
- The link for the C++ package was’t updated with the update, this command sets up the links correctly
- Wait 5 to 10 minutes
- The command prompt isn’t stalling, just let it do its thing
- Open Visual Studio
- Ta Da! It should be working fine